Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hoosier Cruisers Gather For Christmas Fellowship


For those that couldn’t travel to Anderson there was a Northern Christmas dinner held Saturday in Napanee and it was a great event. Those of you that attended the Bremen rally a year ago might remember a great meal at Mullets Amish restaurant. Well they did it again. After Denny Filson offered the blessing we all sat down. I was at the end of the table that the family style meal began and my eyes got big when a large bowl of homemade mashed potatoes was presented followed by chicken and noodles. The green beans followed and I was happy. As I started to take my first bite a platter of roast beef appeared. Wow I thought and helped myself. Just as I was about to partake again the most wonderful fried chicken was presented. Oh I’m so weak. Add to this the best just baked yeast rolls and five different pies and I guess you could say we were in dinning heaven. Our hosts the DeCausemakers and Schumakers planned an enjoyable afternoon with a unique gift exchange which had us all spinning around and wonderful entertainment of Holiday songs and sing along by our newest Hoosier Cruiser Dane Bailey, the Singing Auctioneer. We were pleased Dane and his wife Christina were able to attend their first function and hope to see them again very soon. We had over forty members at the dinner and thankfully they have room for more. Next year is already planned for December 8th and I suspect the attendance may go up. Merry Christmas and safe travels to all.

No comments: