Thursday, May 11, 2017

May Rally Cancelled

May Rally Cancelled Due to Flooding

After calling Harmonie State Park and talking to park personnel, they have said that reservations will be cancelled up to Thurs., May 18th, but could not assure us that the road to the park would be open following that date. 

The distance is too great for members to travel and find the park closed and for that reason we are cancelling the rally.  Bettie and I plan to reschedule a rally in October and it may be in the Evansville area.

All checks will be returned by mail which have been paid for rally fees.

You will need to cancel your campground reservation for a refund.  To cancel call 866-622-6746 and tell them that due to flooding you want to cancel your reservation.

We are sorry that we were unable to hold the scheduled rally in May, but believe that this is the wisest decision.

Bettie and Greg Wessel, Rally Masters 

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Image result for camping in the rain funnyWeather may affect camping in state park

Bettie and I have been in contact with the state park.  They have cancelled reservations up to May 15th.  The problem is the road to the park sometimes is covered by water which makes the campground inaccessible.  They are also concerned about the possibility of flooding due to the rainfall.

At this time we plan to continue holding the rally as scheduled, but if plans change you will be notified immediately.

 In a worst case scenario, and the rally needs to be cancelled, all checks will be returned and the park stated that all reservation fees would be refunded.

Please check your email before leaving for Evansville or check the blog:

Keep your fingers crossed that the weather will improve and the rally can be held as planned.

Your optimistic rally masters,
Bettie and Greg Wessel